Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Royal Post



Dear Princess Madeline,
Tonight we watched the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Princess Catherine, former Kate but that's apparently not formal enough to be a princess so now she is Catherine. You we so fun to watch. You LOOOOVEED her dress and had a fit over her flowers. You got so excited when she got out of the car and were obsessed to know when she actually became a princess! After all the pomp and circumstance you proved to be the wonderful grounded practical child that you are with quotes like these:

"I'm not going to have that many people at my wedding. It would take FOREVER to talk to all of them!"

"I don't think my dress will be that fancy. I doubt I'll have enough money for something like that!"

I love the simple girl that you are. You have never been attached to stuff... well, except Shishie your beloved stuffed chicken. You give everything away and always have. The other day you were looking through the Justice catalog, making a list of the things you like and threw it away when the total came to a hundred dollars. "That's just ridiculous!" you said. After we watched the wedding, I brought out my wedding gown and let you put it on. You loved the tiara and the veil. I pray that you know that it isn't snagging a guy like Prince William that will make you a princess, but the fact that you are already the daughter of the KING OF KINGS! You are a princess in the most royal family of all sweet girl!


Sir Knight in Shining Armour Gavin,
You funny funny guy! I'll get to your response to the royal wedding in a minute but first I want to say WAY TO GO on your second real hit in baseball this week! You're rocking it on the field and I am LOVING watching you! It may sound silly but washing your white baseball pants just seemed like some kind of right of passage for me. Now, your response to the wedding was classic Gavin. All you wanted to see was..... THE KISS! "When will they kiss?" you kept asking and when I asked why, your response was "because I like to watch it!" Oh my! At one point you announced "That's it! I'm marrying a princess!" I thought I'd die laughing. You sat tight and watched until they kissed and then, in perfect Gavin fashion, said "Can I go play DS now?" and you did.


MY Prince and my constant defender,
Than you for calling me "Princess" every single day for more than a decade and for loving me like one!

No comments: