Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Huh? Tuesday letters???



Yes, Yes, Yes, I know it is Tuesday but Sunday was busy and I forgot... ;)

Dear Madeline,
On Sunday you completed your very first 5K race and received a medal for your hard work! I know that you don't like to sweat or exert energy but you did great and I am sooo proud of you! Thank you for letting me run with you... not that I gave you a choice. On Saturday you played all day with Alaina while Ben was at the hospital and were such a helper. If it didn't mean that I'd have to be pregnant and that there'd be another kid living in my house, I'd think you totally need a baby sister!

Dear Gavin,
You were so proud of Madeline after the race that you said "Sissy, you are amazing!" and my heart melted. I know that sometimes you guys fight and punch each other... and make me totally insane... but it's those moments that melt my heart. I love the way you two love each other! You have prayed so many times for your friend Ben since you found out he was at the hospital. You are not at all happy about his being there. When we left from visiting, we didn't even get to the car before you said "I miss Ben. I want him to get well and come home." The depth of your heart is vast and I know God is going to use that one day!

Dear Chris,
I love you. Thanks for taking Gavin to all of his stuff on Saturday so that we could be helpful to our friends. The size of your heart reminds me of your son's... though neither of you like for anyone to know it. In a thousand ways, you are my hero!

No comments: