Monday, April 25, 2011

Sunday Letters... on Monday!



Dear Madeline,

You ran 5K this week and I'm so proud of you. You totally begged to walk and then, a couple of times, defiantly walked even when I said "just a little big more" but I think you did awesome!!! We had a great time being together and learning what it means to push yourself and work a little bit harder than you think you can. I pray that it's a concept that you carry throughout all aspects of life. You also finished your first week of MAP testing and didn't seem the least bit stressed about it. I'm glad for that 'cause, even as a former teacher, I'm still not really sure why it matters but you've assured me that you're doing your best and that's all I ask. Well, maybe it's not all I would ask. Please stop bossing your brother around and correcting everything he does. Poor kid couldn't say a thing right to you last week. Do mom a favor and cut the guy some slack. He really loves you and thinks you're cool. Don't get too big for him cause the reality is, not too many people will love you as much as he does 'cause he REALLY loves you! Friday night was pretty interesting. We went to Good Friday service at church and had to evacuate the sanctuary because of a nearby tornado. You did a great job of not being scared and keeping Gavin distracted when he was. You also really enjoyed the music. "It's just like JoyFM!" you said. I'll be sure to tell the Calvary Worship team that! Yesterday was Easter and you found a ridiculous amount of eggs. Someone should really tell that bunny that you don't need so much candy! You also got some jewelry and some tabs for your bible. I'm really not sure which you liked better, the hoop earrings or the bible tabs. You attacked both with more enthusiasm than I've ever seen on a Christmas morning from you! Love you bunches and bunches and bunches!

Gav-man,

I just love you buddy! You were an absolute angel last night and you melted my heart. I felt crummy all day and even stayed home from Easter dinner. When I was walking out of the room after putting you to bed, you said "Hey Mom. I'm really sorry you're not feeling well." Sigh. You turned me into a puddle of mush... especially since just a few moments earlier you were praying that God would hold off on letting it rain so that Daddy could get his run finished. You can be a bit of a stinker sometimes but you sure do make up for it! You totally made me laugh on Saturday too... well, everyday but we'll just focus on this moment. We were walking to the STL Arch before the Cards game and you said to me "Mom, ya think I could slide down the arch?" When I asked if you thought you could you replied with your standard "pretty much." That's your answer for everything right now. If it's a yes, then we get "pretty much" but if it's no, then it's "pretty much no." Either way we get a "pretty much" and it makes Daddy and I giggle. Your favorite thing in your Easter basket was your One Year Devotions for Boys and you were so proud to take it to Daddy last night to do it together "Because we're boys!" Friday night at church was a sweetest night with you and was soooo good for my heart. During one of the songs, I caught this tiny hand in the periphery of my vision and when I looked over, it was your little hand raised in the air worshiping. At first you just held it about your waist but by the end of the song it was as high as you could get it... and since your Daddy was holding you that was pretty high! At Good Friday service they give index cards that people could write a prayer request on and then nail to these wooden crosses at the front of the church. You REALLY wanted to do it and made me tell you how to spell so that you could write it yourself; "I want to bring glory to God." Big Sigh. It's the reason you were born sweet boy. You practically ran all the way up the aisle, way ahead of me and your sister. Your tiny little frame was weaving in and around people in a way that I couldn't do... at least not without any kind of manners intact. You were standing there when I got to the front and you looked at me and said "I need a hammer, Mom." So I got you a nail and a hammer, held your card in place and the nail with my fingers... said a prayer that you would not break my fingers when you hit them with the hammer as I knew that you would... and I watched with tears flowing as you hammered in that nail. I could see your sister kneeling next to you, watching as you hit the nail, and my fingers, over and over again. I know that there were hundreds of people around us but for me, it was just us three and Jesus and I was overwhelmed by how much God must love me! I pray that for the rest of your life you race to the cross with that same boldness knowing EXACTLY why you were born!

Dear Chris,

It's been a whirlwind of a week, huh? We accomplished Wednesday night with both kids having activities and I was so proud of how patiently you helped Gavin on the baseball field. He desperately needs you to be there teaching him and you do it so well! You also made a big deal out of Madeline's successful 5K and I know that made her feel special, which I love. Thanks for the fun Saturday downtown and at the game and for picking up all the slack yesterday when I didn't feel well. Thank you also for bringing me a cup of jalapenos for the nachos at the game. You know I love them! You totally made me laugh when, five minutes after Gavin asked me if I thought he could slide down the arch, you asked him "Think you could slide down the arch?" You boys are just alike! Love you and I pray that you have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you princess for all the kind words. You are a beautiful person inside and out. I'm sorry if sometimes i'm not the best words-smith and things get misconstrued in translation. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and since the day i said "I do", I've never once doubted that you were the person i wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Thank you for loving me and the kids and being such an incredible wife and mother. I know, no matter how dire things may look, with you by my side, we will always conquer! I love you to infinity and beyond

Chris