Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Letters... a new tradition



My sweet friend, Katie, does these wonderful letters to her kids on Sundays on her blog and I thought it such a great idea that I asked to steal it... is it stealing if I ask, though? Anyway, she let me know that she had "stolen" the idea herself from another bloggin' momma who writes to her kids and hubs. Wherever the original idea came from, I love it and so here is my very first set of Sunday Letters...

My Sweet Beautiful Madeline,

I know that you are beautiful even though I can hardly see your face through the hair that is constantly in it! We are in such a battle over your hair my sweet little bug! It's long and wonderful, EXCEPT for the fact that you don't want to pin the front back and it tends to just fall in your face where you "like it like that." Sigh. Mommy does not! This week you also took to wearing bandannas and scarfs in your hair, which did alleviate the hair in your face but totally made you look like a pirate because you wanted to wear it really wide. While I told you that it made you look like a pirate, it wasn't until others said it too that you looked at me with that "I guess you were right, Mom" face. I cannot imagine what it will be like when you're a teenager and REALLY think I don't know anything! Today, however, you let me put the tiniest little french braid in the front of your hair and all day long I could see the perfect little freckles on your nose and your super long blonde eyelashes and your beautiful blue eyes and perfect lips. The only thing that takes my breath away more than your pretty face is your amazing heart. Monday of this week we took the cash that you got for your birthday and some from mine and bought food for the church food pantry. I also delivered your birthday presents to Pastor Daryl to send to Home of Joy in Mexico. The face that at eight you decided to give all of your birthday presents to orphans and at nine still said "Mom, I just don't need all of these things and they don't have as much as I do" blows me away. Angel girl, you amaze me, humble me and fill me with wonder.

To "The Boss" aka: Gavin

Gavin Peyton, you are the funniest kid on earth, at least your momma thinks so! You counted down the days til your birthday with the most amazing joy and enthusiasm. The night before you slept horribly, which is not like you at all, and so we finally let you sleep on the chaise in our room. When we woke you up on your birthday you sat up, smiling, before you even opened your eyes! You are just precious to me!!! Daddy made your favorite breakfast and I took cupcakes to school for you to share. I felt so sorry for Mrs. Crawford and Ms. A because you and Zachary had BOTH brought cupcakes for your birthday. Talk about some sugared up kindergartners! It's a good think God made them part angel! You were excited to see me for lunch and I have to say, there's nothing like having lunch with a table of six year old boys! I'd have totally cracked up in the car on the way home when you announced to Madeline, Ethan and Evan "It's my birthday and that means I'm the boss!" except for the fact that you were sooooo totally full of yourself! You've continued to think you're the boss all weekend and have not been happy with Daddy or me when we burst that bubble but you have had a great time anyway. Your video game/laser tag party was a HUGE hit with all the boys and totally confirmed that I do not need to have ten six year old boys in my house! Wow! The energy is nothing short of A-MAZ-ING when you're all together !!! We've found a restaurant you like more than El Maguey... Maggiano's and who can blame you there? You devoured three plates of salad and two plates of alfredo but... I think you're the only boy that refuses cake, cookie cake and ice cream for his birthday. If you ate a cupcake at school, that's all you've had. You've refused it every time I offered you silly little man! Goodness, I love you so much I can hardly stand it!


Dear Chris,

I won't go into all the cute and funny things you did this week... I know it would only embarrass you... that or make you vomit! You are the kind of husband that most men should aspire to be. That's all. oh, and I love you.



A big thanks to my in-laws for coming in to celebrate birthdays with us. We hadn't celebrated Chris' or his sister-in-law, Kasey's, from last month either so we did all of those too. It was fun to have them stay with us and spend some time with Brad, Kasey and Naomi too. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I may say..... Please? I read these and all I can say is, Totally Amazing !
Thank You Dorinda:)