Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Letters



Dear Madeline,

"You did it!" are the words we finally saw on a timed math test! I've been telling you from day one, seven months ago, that I knew you could accomplish the task... despite hearing over an over "it's soooo hard" and you did. When I asked you "what did you think when you got them all?" you replied, "I almost fainted!" I just love you! You also impressed me by RUNNING at Girls on the Run this week... another thing that I know you'll eventually believe you can do. This week we'll be running the practice 5K together and I can't wait. I'm totally out of practice so I'm not sure who'll have to be gentle with whom! Last night we went to church with Mackenzie and Michelle Richardson and then to see Natalie Grant, Brandon Heath and Mercy Me. You picked out a Natalie Grant t-shirt and that was appropriate because you definitely sang along a lot more with her than the other two. By the time Mercy Me came on, you were on my lap wishing it was bedtime. I love that you'll still crawl up in my lap, despite the fact that you take up my ENTIRE lap, and that when you're feeling tired and a little cranky, you want me. :)

Gavin Gavin,

That's what your friend Jack calls you and sometimes it just comes out. It always makes me laugh. You have enjoyed playing with your birthday presents... so much so that I'm even more glad that it's getting warmer and you can go outside and play this coming week! You and Daddy finished your biggest Star Wars Legos ship yet and you were so excited to show it to me. It has these crazy wings that move up and down and you are so very impressed with it! Something new you have started doing this week is crawling in bed with Daddy in the mornings. You were never the kid to come get in our bed and it makes me giggle when you do it now. I simply cannot say no to crawling back in when you look at me and say "Mom, want a little cuddle?" This is going to be a crazy week for you. You have baseball practice and your first machine-pitch game. I can't wait to see how you love it! Oh and I almost forgot, a story that Daddy told me today that made me convinced that God is already answering your prayer for wisdom... a fact alone that melts my heart. Yesterday you were playing outside and just came in and started taking your shoes off. When Daddy asked why you'd come in... because you never WANT to come in... and you said that someone had started being mean and you just thought it was what was best to do. Sigh. I love you boy!

My love, Chris,

We're doing our kitchen!!! This week we made almost all of the decisions and today we signed a contract to get it going. We have waited, worked and SAVED SAVED SAVED to be able to do this! Thank you for making me be a saver as it's completely against my natural I've-got-money-let's-go-shopping mentality. Your love has helped me be a better person.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love it! I am grateful for my husband who makes me save too! We really do marry our oposites sometimes! Now I need to get crackin' on my Sunday letters!