Friday, December 9, 2011

The Village People- Tradition #3

Seriously, I started this blog post a week ago... literally, a full week ago.  Needless to say, it's been a little crazy this week... but on to Tradition #3:

No, there are no Native Americans, carpenters, cowboys or any other disco-loving men in this tradition but it's still one we love.  I remember as a little girl going to friend's houses and some had these tiny houses with people inside.  Some of the people were having dinner as a family.  Others were singing in a church.

A few years ago my mother-in-law gifted me with a church.... a small country-looking glass church with people inside singing Christmas carols... or at least that's what I think they're doing!  She, Madeline and I went that year and also picked out a house to go with it.  The next year we picked out a bakery and the next year we chose Toy Town.  Every Christmas we put out the village and all the village people.  The kids kneel and stare into the houses as if on that day the people inside would be doing something new.

Without further delay, welcome to our village...


Is it not the perfect little country church?
Our "Home"


Complete with our mailman and puppy
We even have a dog walker


Our Bakery
This is exactly what our real snow men look like

 





This is everyone's favorite. 
Toy World is a personal favorite because it reminds me of my childhood.  My mom used to tell us a story when we were kids about us, in an imaginary world, where we went to a place called "Toy World."  While at Toy World we saw and got to play with whatever we wanted.  My "Toy World" would look totally different these days but I still think it sounds like a fun place to be!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest thing ever! Where do you find all of the houses/pieces at??