Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Finally... the KITCHEN!


Ok. I don't think there's been anything that I've done that I've been randomly lectured for not sharing pictures! The kitchen has been finished for a month and now the kids are back at school and I've finally got time to share pictures of how it turned out. I'll start with... I LOVE IT!!! I doubted myself every step of the way... "oh, I think I chose the wrong floor"... "oh no, I should have chosen the other finish on the cabinets"... that is until the crown molding and knobs were in and then I knew I had chosen everything perfectly!


I knew that there were certain details I wanted and these corbels under the peninsula were one of the things I had picked out over the years looking at kitchen displays.


This is a post that is in front of my sink and I knew I wanted the furniture detail but wavered COUNTLESS times on which one but love the one we ended with.

This is the detail that I wanted on the front of the sink base.




This is a view of the front of the sink base with the furniture legs, detail and the view outside. Bring on the dishes! I'll stand here and wash them!!!


I also knew that I did not want my microwave over the cooktop. I wanted a mantel. It's all about making it pretty and I like to decorate mantels.


I hate how trash cans look. Who doesn't? So, we have it nicely tucked away in a cabinet.


I also hate having all of the small appliances out on the counter so I insisted on a corner garage. I can fit my toaster, panini/grill thing, blender and my knives it and my counter stays looking clean!

This is the cooktop and the mantel over it. It's the first thing you notice when you walk in from the family room and I LOVE how it turned out.


We put in a microwave with a convection/speed-cook option and a wall oven. The microwave can be a microwave or normal wall oven... so far it makes the best chicken nuggets the kids have ever had!


So the rest of the pictures are just the overall kitchen. Enjoy!














So, there it is. We planned this remodel for nine years and I could not be happier with how it turned out. I look forward to cooking many meals, helping with hours of homework and sharing many cups of coffee in there!!!


2 comments:

Jenn said...

As Paul says, I'm jealous with a godly jealousy!!! Beautiful beautiful. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I love it!! It's so country chic, and absolutely gorgeous. All the details are so beautiful, ya'll did a great job designing it :)